Tuesday 22 March 2011

Why Random Padar Relays

WHY I RELAY

I am a fortunate one.  I do not have cancer in my family history. My parents nor siblings have died from cancer.   I do however have a close friend that passed from breast cancer but she lived many miles away from me and I didn't have to see her fight for her life.  My second year in SL I fell in love with a man who was a caregiver for his mother.  I was introduced to RFL and decided this is the one thing I can DO to support him and his mother.  My very first year of Relay left a huge impression on me.  The testimonies of those fighting this terrible disease, the passion to find a cure, the emotional stories of survival and loss has made me even more determined to fight this battle along side my partner and friends.  This is my 4th year Relaying in SL.  My 3rd year as captain of Harmony of Hope.  I will continue to work and  do the best I can to help bring an end to this cancer.

Random Padar
Care Giver - Fighter - Captian of Team Harmony of Hope-SL-ACS-RFL
                                     (¯`v´¯)
                       *:-.,_,.-:*'´ `*.¸.*´`'*:-.,_,.-:*

                                  GO RELAY!!! 

No comments: