Friday 25 March 2011

100,000 Linden raised, and so many ppl to Thanks

Hi yas,

Relay for Life 2nd full weekend is almost over and the fun just beginning.I know I am having a blast, this being my 1st year.

I would like to share a milestone my team had last night.

It all started a little over a week ago when I stopped in for a meeting for Team Passionate Redheads. I was attending because I wanted to promote the online work I'm doing and make connections with other teams. At this same meeting Evangeline Ling from team RELAY for HOPE was there there to share her wealth of knowledge doing RFLinSL and so we stuck up a conversation. We talked about how important it is to share ideas and strategies, which is how I got Eva to write her Eva's Relay For Life, Top 10 for my blog.

I was SO thankful for her work, wonderful tips Eva.

Last night I logged in and got a call from my captain (Ramdon) requesting I come to support RELAY for HOPE in a challenge. Eva offered to donate 100 Linden for every person they could TP in by a set time. She also said she would only do so if they go over 20 people. Random call on all Harmony of Hope members to come by which 5 of us arrived and in the end Eva manage to get 33 people over. YAY Eva! Eva's strategy is that most of the people called, would also donate to RFL and some would donate large. Well Eva did donate her 3,300 linden for the challenge, but she said, the donation from these 33 people tripled what she donated.  

So another nice tips Eva, BIG thanks.

After the party Harmony of Hope retired to our club for an evening party and shortly afterward Eva IM'd me wanting to thank us for our support. She then ask if I was by our kiosk which I said yes, she send me 1,000 linden for our teams. I was just about to drop it in when one of her tip sprang to mind, the "Double Down" one. Now at this point Harmony had a total of 89,500 linden, so I piped up and said, I'm about to drop 1k on the kiosk, anyone up for a double down challenge? Took a bit of cheer leading to get my double, and did get it. As I dropped Eva's donation in and before I could write out a BIG 'rawking thanks', the total jumped to 100,000 and I was speechless.

So not only did my all my networking for RFL pay off in some awesome tips, traffic for the blog, to promote our team and RFLinSL, and connections with other teams, our "One Team" philosophy has helped one team reach a successful goal in their event, and their mentoring and suggestions turned what could have been just another 1k donation into over10k in donation!!!! YaY!!! WOOOHOOOO!! (insert howl)

I am so proud to be doing what I'm doing, It truly is infectious and I am hooked.

Today Harmony of Hope is hosting a JAIL & BAIL event, please find event details at http://rflharmonyofhope.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-time-once-again-for-caras-annual.html and please do contact Cara as we certainly could use volunteers.


BIG hugz and even BIGGER thanks for everyone that go us here.

Love Jennifer

No comments: