Wednesday 18 May 2011

Why I Relay ~ Aiyana Orchid


I Relay because I’m 31 years old and have had to fight off this awful disease 2 times. I relay because I don’t want another 27 year old told, who has her whole life in front of her and that of her 5 year son come crumbling down. The moment I heard that I thought for sure it would be the end... It's almost happened...But I am a fighter... and I have a strong will to live. I have great family and friends and an the awesome support of people like you all who help to find a cure for this..

It's about 1:30 my time and I just found out my best friend of 10 years just lost her battle with cancer. How do I feel? I'm beside myself in one count; in the other relieved she isn't suffering anymore and quite fueled to continue helping out with Relay for Life.... We had an agreement her and I...Fight until you can't anymore... For awhile it seems we were both winning... I had mine under control, she had hers... We pretty much held hands and went through all of it together.. It's rare that you find that.... Here I am now in remission and her... she couldn't fight anymore... So in her words...." Thank you all so very much for all that you do... for those of us that fight and loose this battle we know that you will still be there on the battle lines fighting to end this horrible disease. We will be there with you now and always cheering you on and giving you the extra push you need.".... Hence my reason for fighting no matter how hard the road may or may not get for me... Until my last breath I will continue to fight so no one has to hear those words.... and if they do they are followed by "we have a cure for that"... these are my reasons for Relaying... What's yours?

Aiyana Orchid

No comments: