Saturday 14 May 2011

More musing of Jennifer's ride

Hi ya everyone, sorry i have been neglecting you, but I've have a busy few weeks. Let me tell you of some highlights.

We you know that I am the online Social Media Chair for my team of Harmony of Hope, and I can tell you we are doing good things as we approach the halfway point in the Relay For Life in Second Life's Season of Hope. As of this morning we have raised an amazing $625,857 Linden and taking aim on the Sapphire level club award!!! ~YaY Team~

We are working on several events and parties which I can't tell you just yet, so you will have to check back soon.

I also wish to highlight my support you all have given me out there in the greater real world, here on the blog and on our Harmony of Hope Twitter site. Since creating these site on March 1st, 2011 the blog have been accessed, close to 1,800 times, noted in several Metaverse news sites and more. I am so delighted!

The Twitter site has a following approaching 475 Tweeters, and have receive many supporting comments on my efforts, re-tweets and more. I have created a hash tag #why_I_relay and generally having fun learning the ropes.

Last month, I was invited to be a member of the main Relay For Life committee, in the group of PR/Marketing and taking on more roles as time progresses. One project that we are actively pursuing is the collection of "Why I Relay" recording from anyone wanting to make one. Please see the Why I Relay page for details. I would so grateful if you made one for us.

Yesterday I covered the 2nd Co-Chair Challenge Trophy presentation for the Newbie Challenge and I was delighted to cover it.

Today we launch the Home and Garden Expo, which feature some adorable KittyCatS you will just have to get. I know I want one.

Also this weekend is the Halfway There Faire, were Relayers from around the grid will be celebrating several milestones. the 1st one is obvious with the name of the faire, as we are at the half way point in our Season of Hope fund raising schedule. But the 2nd celebration is a big milestone in the history of Relay For Life in Second Life, and that is this movement have reach the 1 Million Dollar mark for total donation raised for Relay, and that something a lot of people have worked many hours, days and years doing.

There is a lot more, I wish I could tell you, but I have to wait until everything is in place and I don't want to get my paw slapped. =^,^=

Hope to see you on the grid in support of Relay for Life. If you see me give me a wave, I'd really love to hear from you.

Jennifer

1 comment:

Poppy Zabelin said...

You're doing a wonderful job of raising awareness, Jennifer! Go RELAY!