Thursday 21 April 2011

My White Rose

My journey into Second life started over a year and bit ago, which I detailed in my post called 'The tears of angels, Jennifer's adventure so far,... '

This leg of my journey through Second Life (SL), found me at the beginning of March of this year, creating and doing blogs and tweets to promoting our Second Life Relay (RFL) For Life team for Harmony of Hope. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, to find this larger community of people doing the same, in your part of the world, the world over. All sharing information, writing amazing stories and generally fighting back anyway you can.

The wealth of knowledge, hope and power you all bring touches me deeply, and I am lost for words to explain what I truly feel.

I hate Cancer. I hate how it took some of my dearest friends from me. I hate how it tried to take my father from me. I hate Cancer in all it's forms. But I can't live with hate. I  need to shed this hate.

So use it power to empower me to take action, which is were I find myself today. A voice in a choir of voices, all singing for one common goal, to end the pain and suffering that cancer causes. I thought the 100's of RFL in SL teams, comprised of over 4,000 individuals, was a pretty big choir, but then I found all you. Thousands people in Tweetland, with your blogs, and your sites, all with your countless followers and supporters, all singing in this same unified voice, and I am truly humbled.

In these last 6+ weeks, I've read 100's of blog post, websites and tweets. I've cried buckets of tears at the stories you all share. I stand in awe of your resolve, in the face of the hardships you have endured. I feel your boundless love for life, and how it changed how you view of life, and feel your fears for what may. I feel your Hope.


I'm hugging you all with all my love and admiration,
Jennifer

No comments: