Saturday 23 June 2012

Why Random Relays


By Random Padar



I am a fortunate one.  I do not have cancer in my family history. My parents nor siblings have died from cancer.   

My second year in SL I fell in love with a man who was a caregiver for his mother.  I was introduced to RFL and decided this is the one thing I can DO to support him and his mother. 

My first year of Relay left a huge impact on me. The testimonies of those fighting this terrible disease, the passion to find a cure, the emotional stories of survival and loss has made me even more determined to fight this battle along side my partner and friends.  

This is my 5th year as captain of Harmony of Hope.

In one very short year 2011-2012 I have had several very close friends diagnosed with cancer. Just recently my closest friend was diagnosed with breast cancer which has spread. She is in for a battle.  I on the other hand can fight for her.  I can fight for all of you. 

My very first year of Relay left a huge impression on me.  The testimonies of those fighting this terrible disease, the passion to find a cure, the emotional stories of survival and loss has made me even more determined to fight this battle along side my partner and friends. I will continue to work and  do the best I can to help bring an end to this cancer. 

It is Time For a Cure!

Random Padar 
Captain of Team Harmony of Hope-SL-ACS-RFL

No comments: