Saturday 2 July 2011

14 days to Relay

In 2 short weeks, The Relay Marathon Weekend will be here, and soon afterward, we will all fall back into our daily lives, as Relay for Life 2011 slips from our daily existence.

This being my first RFLofSL, I still have certain apprehension about Relay and how I'm not going to be able to hold it together. I know I will crying buckets and that a fact. There's rarely a day that goes by something doesn't moisten the tears. A new Why I Relay statement, or voice recording in my inbox. I blog or Facebook post or news article that touches my heart strings.

But then something comes along that just make it all worth while. I kind word from someone for giving them an opportunity to share their story, to put in words what lies close to out hearts. People thank me for the work I have done, and I have to giggle; it's not work for me, really, it's a privilege to serve, and to give back and share all that is good, to help someone find inspiration, to lift spirits, and give hope.

I have so many ideas floating around my head, and I look forward to the off season so I can maybe put some of my ideas of pavement for 2012. Eeeek, did I just leap into next year's RFL?!? Let's keep the focus on 2011 for a few more weeks =^,^=

So much to do, so little time,...

Warm loving Relay HUGZ ~ Jennifer Curtau

No comments: